Before your filler appointment
Here are our tried and true tips for making your filler experience smooth!
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment, as it may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible, for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Schedule your filler appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Reschedule your appointment if you don't feel well, have a rash or cold sore in the area.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to another eruption of cold sores. Please let us know at your appointment.
- Be sure to have a good meal, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- Arrive at the office with a clean face which means no makeup.
- You are not a candidate for treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Please contact the office with any questions at 619-432-2460. We look forward to having you in the office!