Surprising causes of dark circles
Periorbital pigmentation, also known as dark circles, is a relatively common condition that many individuals are bothered by daily. Though causes and treatments can vary, fatigue is the most common cause.
And while it’d be nice to be able to say getting enough sleep could cure all of your concerns, it’s not always that easy. In fact, there are a multitude of reasons for those pesky dark circles and under-eye discoloration that are annoying you.
Let’s get right to it, shall we? Here is a comprehensive list of causes behind those bothersome raccoon eyes.
- Thin skin (letting visible veins show through as blue circles)
- Toxins within the body
- Shadows from under-eye hollows (volume/collagen loss)
- Your genetic makeup (eye structure and surrounding bones)
- Stress/fatigue (often the result of a lack of sleep)
- Sun exposure
- Cigarette smoking
- Rubbing of the eyes/eye area, this skin is fragile
- Hormonal changes
The good news is that many of these can be addressed by healthy lifestyle changes!
There is also a lot we can do here at Vitality to reduce this bothersome area. In your consultation, these causes and treatments will be reviewed. You will also get a comprehensive exam of your eye and facial anatomy before any treatments are recommended. You might be a candidate for Juvederm injections to support the under eye area and restore volume around the eye.