When you FEEL your best, you will LOOK your best. Starting in the 30s, we lose facial volume extremely quickly. This includes the cheeks, temples, jawline, smile lines, and lips. If you want to correct volume loss or reduce the signs of aging, dermal fillers can volumize your face in a subtle way. This procedure can completely change your look and regain a youthful, fresh look, without looking overdone!
This procedure is also known as the liquid facelift, and it is available in downtown San Diego. Juvederm Voluma, Volbella, Vollure, Ultra, and Ultra Plus may be used. It is important to have a consultation to determine the best treatment plan for you.
Our fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, which is structurally similar to collagen. It can be injected into various areas and depths of the face. In addition to directly adding volume to the face, Hyaluronic Acid stimulates new collagen formation and acts as a scaffolding for the new collagen.
Because hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body, there is a near-zero risk of an allergic reaction.
HOW LONG AFTER THE FILLER PROCEDURE DOES IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS?
The results of fillers are immediate. There may be some slight bruising and/or inflammation, which are expected, and swelling tends to decrease over the first couple of days. During this settling period, you may resume all normal activities.
DOES TREATMENT WITH FILLERS HURT?
Dermal fillers tend to be comparable to Botox with regards to the pain of the procedure itself. That being said, dermal fillers are commonly injected into more sensitive areas of the face, such as the lips.
Some patients prefer a topical cream to numb treatment sites before injection. This helps, but does not totally eliminate the discomfort associated with the procedure. Additionally, most fillers we use are premixed with lidocaine, to further decrease pain.
DOWNTIME: Swelling for a few days, depending on the areas injected
MORE INFORMATION: Contact Us
- If you have a history of cold sores, let your injector know. A prescription is needed in order to eliminate the chance of developing a cold sore after your injections are done.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medication for 10 to 14 days prior to treatment. These increase the chance of bruising after treatments. Medications to avoid include Aspirin, Aleve, Advil, Ibuprofen, Motrin, fish oil supplements, Vitamin E, ginko, and other NSAIDs.
- To reduce the risk of bruising, avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours before your appointment.
- We recommend scheduling your appointment 1 to 2 weeks prior to any special event to allow plenty of time for filler to settle, and bruising and swelling to disappear.
- To reduce symptoms of dizziness, nausea, and lightheadedness make sure to eat a healthy breakfast before the procedure.
- Consider taking Arnica for 3 days before the procedure to prevent any bruising.
- Immediately after the procedure, you can expect to have some redness and swelling at the injection sites. This is your body’s normal inflammatory response, and it will not last long.
- Unless otherwise instructed, avoid massaging/touching the treated area for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid any type of heavy lifting, exercise, or active straining for 24 hours after treatment.
- To avoid excess swelling, do not consume excess sodium or alcohol.
- For swelling, use a cool compress/ice pack for 5-10 minutes each hour and take Tylenol.
- If swelling persists, we recommend sleeping slightly elevated on your back.
- If bruising occurs, ice and Arnica Gel can be used to decrease the duration of the bruise.
- If you are unsure about your results, we recommend to wait a few days for swelling to decrease and the product to settle in.
- If you are eager for more volume, it is recommended to wait 4 weeks before adding more product. Follow ups are always available to evaluate and treat.